Friday, June 28, 2013

The Name of Jesus

 Acts 4
v. 12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”  
v. 13 When they saw the courage of Peter and John and realized that they were unschooled, ordinary men, they were astonished and they took note that these men had been with Jesus.

I recently met a gentleman that I mentioned in my last post. He was so full of the Spirit of God and unashamedly spoke to anyone about Jesus. He had health problems that were quite serious but saw them as opportunities to either be with the Love of his life, Jesus or to glorify Him through the trial. He was not the most handsome, charismatic person you would ever meet. He had long gray hair and a scruffy beard and mustache, he had tattoos all over his arms and he didn't have his teeth in at the time. But the Spirit in him was captivating and powerful.

I told him about something I struggled with in my work. I told him that I am not allowed to talk about Jesus or pray in His name unless the one I am speaking to brings Him up first. The reason is based on inclusiveness, political correctness, and not offending anyone. I told him that I felt like I was betraying Him. Without batting an eyelash and staring me straight in the eyes, he said with holy boldness, "You are." (I can still see those piercing eyes looking into mine.) He fully had my attention. He continued, "We are called to proclaim the name of Jesus to the nations."

Since that talk, I have really prayed about and pondered this struggle. What better way for Satan to take over a nation than to silence the name of the only way to God. To intimidate those who carry that name into silence. I have often said I feel as though I have been tied and gagged in my work. Turns out there are many like me who feel the same way.

I continue to trust Jesus with my life and my future. I seek to be able to boldly speak His name and will do whatever He calls me to do. I put my own desires aside and trust that He will lead me on.






 

 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment